We Transform Your Legal Challenges Into Solutions.

  1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Practice Areas
  4.  | 
  5. Family Law
  6.  | Military Divorce

Are You Pursuing A Military Divorce In New Hampshire?

Divorce is never easy, but when a member of the military is getting a divorce, already complicated matters become even more complex. Contact an experienced New Hampshire divorce lawyer at once for legal counsel if you are facing divorce and you or your spouse is in the military. Kalled Law Offices, PLLC, has worked with military families for over 40 years, providing knowledgeable solutions in military divorces. Under the Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act, 50 UCS section 521, and at the discretion of a New Hampshire court, a divorce proceeding can be postponed for the entire time an active service member is on duty.

Property Division Laws For Military Members

Property division is another area in which military divorce differs from civilian divorce. The Uniformed Services Former Spouses’ Protection Act (USFSPA) governs how military retirement benefits are calculated and divided upon divorce. Federal law requires at least 10 years of marriage, while the member has been on active duty, for the spouse to be entitled to a portion of the member’s military retirement benefits.

Dedicated Legal Counsel In Carroll A Rockingham County

Do need an attorney for a New Hampshire military divorce? Our divorce law firm will make sure you have a thorough understanding of the laws that pertain to your situation and make certain that you are well-informed of your options. We will shape our legal approach to your specific circumstances, having 50-plus years of combined experience in the field of family law. With an honorable rating with Martindale-Hubbell, we are committed to providing outstanding service to you throughout your case. Having an experienced military divorce attorney on your side can make all the difference in best protecting your interests. Contact us today at 603-945-7259 for a confidential consultation. We seek to help the residents of cities such as Portsmouth and Ossipee, New Hampshire.